1. The duration of the match
All matches last two equal periods of 20 minutes without stopping time (except when the ball is out of play for longer time, injuries). The half-time interval must not exceed 10 minutes.
2. Number of players and substitutions
is played by two teams, each consisting of five players, one of whom is a
goalkeeper. Maximum of 10 players is entitled to play for a team in all
categories. If some of the players were absent during the check prior to the
match beginning, they are allowed to the bench upon their arrival only with official
There is no restriction on the number of substitutions that may be made during a match. Substitutions may be made at any time, but only in the specially demarcated substitution zones.
Each team is entitled to one time-out in each period. A team that does not request a time-out in the first half is only entitled to one time-out during the second half. The time-out lasts 1 minute.
4. The ball
A standard ball, size 4 with a reduced bounce, is used during the matches (Select Master).
5. The goal clearance
A goalkeeper is allowed to touch again the ball in his own half of the pitch after it has been deliberately played to him by a teammate without an opponent playing or touching it.
6. Points and rankings
For every match the points are assigned as follows:
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a tie
If two or more teams are tied at the end of the group phase, the rank will be decided according to the following criteria:
- The score in the games played between them;
- Goal difference in the matches played between them;
- General goal difference in scores;
- Higher number of goals scored;
7. PGSi 2019 specifics
- Outdoor fields
- Surface: artificial grass
- One referee per game.
8. Other rules
other rules (not specified here), are written in official
FIFA Futsal laws of the game (2014/2015).
We highlight some of the most important:
- GENERAL: There is no rule of offside. Goals measure 3 metres wide and 2 metres high.
- THE GOALKEEPER: Can keep the ball in his possession for only 4 seconds. He is allowed to throw the ball from his area into the opposition half.
- ACCUMULATED FOULS: When a team commits a sixth accumulated foul (in a period – first or second half), the opposing team is awarded a direct free-kick without a wall on the second penalty mark (ten metres) or in the position where the infringement was committed.
- Free kick, kick-in and corner kick take place within 4 seconds (when ready to or after referee’s sign). When kick-in or corner kick is taken, the players of the opposite team must move 5 meters back on request.