1. The duration of the match
All matches consist of four (4) periods of ten (10)
minutes. There shall be a 2-minute break between the 1st and 2nd
period, and the 3rd and 4th period. The half-time period must
not exceed 10 minutes. If the score is tied at the end of the playing time for
the fourth period, the game shall continue with as many extra periods of five
(5) minutes as is necessary to break the tie.
Time stops only in last 2 minutes of the period, at free throws and at substitution of player. Game for 3rd place and final is played with full stopping time.
2. Number of players and substitutions
Maximum of 12 players can be entitled to play in a game. 5 starting players and maximum 7 substitute players. A substitution must be announced at official scorer and can be made when the play is stopped.
Each team is entitled to maximum one time-out in each period. The time-out lasts 1 minute.
4. The ball
A standard basketball ball, size 7 is used during the games for men teams (Conti 7000) and size 6 for women teams (Conti 5000).
5. Points and rankings
For each game, points will be assigned as follows:
- 2 points for win
- 1 point for loss
If two or more teams are tied at the end of the group phase, the rank will be decided according to the following criteria:
- Scores in the games played between them;
- Higher game points difference in the games between them.
- Higher game points scored in the games between them.
- Higher game points difference of all games.
- Higher number of game points scored in all games.
6. Other rules
All other rules (not specified here), are written in FIBA Official basketball rules 2018.